City Encourages Travelers to Use Alternate Routes Following Emergency Bridge Closure on I-495 Over the Christina River
Posted on 06/05/2014 2:40 pm
Interstate 495 in both northbound and southbound directions have been closed over the Christina River Bridge between Exit 2 and Exit 3 for emergency bridge work.
Additional closure points are:
- 12th Street ramp onto I-495 South
- Terminal Avenue ramp onto I-495 North
- US-13 Northbound ramp to I-495 North
- I-295 Southbound ramp to I-495 Northbound
Interstate thru traffic is to use I-95 to avoid delays. Local traffic can use I-495; however access across the bridge is not available.
Travelers are encouraged to use the following detour routes:
I-495 Southbound at 12th Street:
- West on 12th Street to Spruce Street south; South on Spruce Street to Christiana Avenue south; South on Christiana Avenue to Terminal Avenue west; West on Terminal Avenue to I-495 south ramp.
I-495 Northbound at Terminal Avenue:
- I-495 North to Exit 2 Terminal Avenue; Terminal Avenue West to Route 9 south (New Castle Avenue); South on Route 9 to I-295 south; South I-295 to I-95 north; North I-95 heading north (Pennsylvania)
Trucker Route Information to Terminal Avenue from I-95 South:
- I-95 South to I-295 North (New Castle / DE Memorial Bridge); I-295 North to Route 9 (Wilmington); North Route 9 to Terminal Avenue