Darius J. Brown
3rd District Council Member
Follow Council Member Brown on Twitter @DariusJBrown #3rdDistrict
Darius J. Brown was elected on November 6, 2012, as the City Councilman for the Third Councilmanic District for the 106th City Council Session. On November 13, 2012, he was sworn in to fill the vacated Third District seat for the unexpired term of the 105th Council Session.
Councilman Brown is focused on public policy issues pertaining to education, employment, and reentry. He is committed to repairing the ladder of opportunity for Wilmington residents by reducing poverty and investing in human capital to grow our middle class.
Prior to his election to Wilmington City Council, Councilman Brown was a Leadership Fellow at the Center for American Progress in Washington, D.C.; he has continued his public service as an advocate for Delaware nonprofits and organized labor. Earlier in his career he served as an Aide in the United States Senate and Delaware General Assembly.
"I am honored to serve the residents of the Third District, we are moving forward to Build Better Neighborhoods."
Standing Committees of Council
Council Member Brown is a member of the following committees:
- Community and Economic Development
- Health, Aging & Disabilities
- Housing, Licenses & Inspections
News and Special Projects
- I'm promoting college readiness through my Learning Neighborhoods initiative. The Delaware Department of Education announces that free SAT registration is now open for public school juniors. Get more information at www.doe.k12.de.us/news/2014/0210.shtml I encourage parents to make sure their child is enrolled to take the SAT.
- Read Council Member Brown's 3rd District Annual Report
- City Council Member Brings "Career Heroes" to Eastside Charter School
- Wilmington City Council Member Presents an Event to Kick-Off Health Care Insurance Outreach to the Uninsured
- The News-Journal: It's time for Delawareans to get acquainted with Obamacare
- NBC10: Understanding Healthcare Reform
- Council Member Darius Brown and the Food Bank of Delaware (FBD) Urge Citizens to Take Action During Hunger Action Month
- Read Safe Neighborhoods, Council Member Brown's recommendations on how to reduce violence in the 3rd District.
- Council Member Darius Brown Urges Citizens to Download a New Mobile App to Voice Frustrations to Congress in Real Time
- Money Matter$: The Earned Income Tax Credit Campaign
- Half in Ten: Creating Pathways Out of Poverty
Contact City Council
Wilmington City Council
Louis L. Redding City/County Building
800 N. French Street
Wilmington, Delaware 19801
Phone: (302) 576-2140
Fax: (302) 571-4071