Leaf and Yard Waste Collection
Although the City's vacuum trucks collect leaves in the fall, the City of Wilmington’s Leaf and Yard Waste Collection takes place throughout the year. The Clean Wilmington Committee encourages residents to follow these instructions to prepare for leaf or yard waste removal:
- All leaves should be bagged and placed at the curb on your regularly scheduled recycling collection day.
- Please use PAPER BAGS so City yard waste collection crews can easily identify your leaves for recycling. Crews will collect bags within 72 hours.
If you live in the city, but outside one of the scheduled pick-up areas:
- Bag your yard waste and place it at the curb with your recyclables on your regularly scheduled recycling collection day.
- Areas East of I-95: Recyclables are collected on Mondays.
- Areas West of I-95: Recyclables are collected on Tuesdays.
The Clean Wilmington Committee can assist your organization in scheduling community clean up days. Demonstrate your pride in your community by lending a hand and encouraging your family and neighbors to get involved as well.
Clean neighborhood activities make great projects for school, church, and scout programs or for anyone who wants to pitch in and help their community shine.
To sign up, call the Mayor's Office of Constituent Services at (302) 576-2489, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Private Trash Collection
City Code prevents the City of Wilmington from providing yard waste removal service to private trash/yard waste contractors. Residents using those services need to check to ensure waste collected from their residence is disposed of properly.
If your community is interested in more information about City trees, the Urban Forestry Program, or the Wilmington Tree Commission, please contact the Urban Forest Administrator in the Department of Public Works at (302) 576-2582 or visit www.WilmingtonDE.gov/residents/citytrees.
Contact Clean Wilmington
Public Works Call Center