WSCPC Proposed Police Deployment Plan
The goal of Council’s deployment plan it to provide 24/7, 365 days year police coverage to the entire city. This can be accomplished by dividing the city into 17 geographical areas
- See the police deployment plan map
- See the WPD proposed community policing sectors map
- Each area would have 10-15 officers assigned to it.
- These smaller areas would allow for continuity of service and accountability.
- Two officers per shift would work each area 7 days a week 24 hours a day.
- Officers would share information with each other to help address crime. See the police radio districts map
- Officers would be less likely to be pulled for other assignments
- Vacations and time off would be covered by other officers within in the unit.
- Officers would still attend community meetings.
The following is a comparison of the City Council and the Mayor’s Plan: