Police Investigate a Shooting
Posted on 07/17/2013 10:58 pm
- 1100 block Pleasant Street, Wilmington, Delaware
Date of Occurrence:
- Wednesday, July 17, 2013, approximately 8:10 p.m.
- 5 year old female, Wilmington, Delaware
Police are investigating a shooting that occurred in the 1100 block of Pleasant Street. At approximately 8:10 p.m. Wednesday evening officers responded to the block after receiving a 911 call reporting a shooting.
Arriving officers located a five year old female victim suffering from a gunshot wound to the right leg.
Preliminary investigation indicates that the victim was standing outside her residence when she was struck by gunfire from an unknown suspect. The victim was transported by ambulance to A.I. duPont Hospital for Children and from there transferred to The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. She is listed in stable condition.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information can call:
- Detective Joran Merced at (302) 576-3637.
- Wilmington Police Confidential Tip Line at (302) 576-3990.
- Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333 (1-800-847-3333) or online at www.tipsubmit.com.