Police Seek Public's Assistance Identifying Road Rage Suspects
Posted on 07/12/2013 4:43 pm
- 600 block South Union Street, Wilmington, Delaware
Date of Occurrence:
- Thursday, July 11, 2013, approximately 5:30 p.m.
- 24 year old male, Wilmington, Delaware
- Suspect 1: Male, possibly Indian or Hispanic descent, tan skin, short afro, stocky/muscular build, large nose, mid to late 20’s
- Suspect 2: (Operator) Black male, mid to late 20’s
Police are asking for the public’s assistance identifying suspects in a road rage incident that left one victim with a broken nose.
The incident began yesterday at approximately 5:30 p.m. in the 600 block of South Union Street as the victim was operating a 2000 Hyundai Accent south in the block. A motorcycle, occupied by two subjects, began weaving in and out of traffic at a high rate of speed and cut off the victim and several other vehicles.
At the red traffic signal at Prospect Road and South Union Street, the motorcycle’s rear passenger leaned over and punched the victim in the face, breaking his nose. The victim was knocked unconscious and his vehicle collided with a 2005 Jeep Cherokee and a 2000 Mazda MPV that were also stopped at the traffic signal.
The suspect is described as a male in his mid to late 20’s (possibly Indian or Hispanic descent), tan skin, short afro, stocky/muscular build, and a large nose. The motorcycle operator is described as a Black male in his mid to late 20’s.
The dark-colored motorcycle is described as “junky” and looks as if it may have been roughly assembled. It has loud tailpipes and a large rear tire.
The victim was transported to St. Francis Hospital via ambulance and treated for a broken nose.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information can call:
- Wilmington Police Confidential Tip Line at (302) 576-3990.
- Wilmington Police Non-Emergency number at (302) 654-5151.
- Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333 (1-800-847-3333) or online at www.tipsubmit.com.