Police Investigate Bank Robbery
Posted on 07/25/2013 5:24 pm
- 200 block of West 9th, Wilmington, Delaware
Date/Time of Occurrence:
- Thursday, July 25, 2013, at approximately 9:27 a.m.
- Artisan’s Bank
- Black male, 30 - 40 years old, dark skin complexion and a goatee. Last seen wearing a black baseball hat with white writing on the front, blue button down work shirt (white t-shirt underneath), and blue work pants.
Police are investigating a bank robbery that occurred in the 200 block of West 9th Street.
Thursday morning at approximately 9:27 a.m., uniformed officers responded to the Artisan’s Bank in reference to a 911 call for a robbery that just occurred. An investigation revealed the suspect entered the bank and handed the teller a note demanding money. The suspect implied that he had a weapon although no weapon was displayed. The suspect fled from the bank on foot, with an undisclosed amount of cash, eastbound on West 9th Street out of sight.
The suspect is described as a Black male, 30 - 40 years old, dark skin complexion and a goatee. He was last seen wearing a black baseball hat (white writing on the front), blue button down work shirt (white t-shirt underneath), and blue work pants
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information should call:
- Detective Kimberly Pfaff at (302) 576-3643.
- Wilmington Police Confidential Tip Line at (302) 576-3990.
- Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333 (1-800-847-3333) or online at www.tipsubmit.com.