Police Investigate Stabbing
Posted on 08/14/2013 1:00 pm
- Unit block of West 27th Street, Wilmington, Delaware
Date/Time of Occurrence:
- Monday, August 12, 2013, at approximately 7:37 p.m.
- 22 Year old male of Wilmington, Delaware
Police are investigating a stabbing that occurred in the unit block of West 27th Street.
Monday evening at approximately 7:37 p.m., uniformed officers responded to the unit block of West 27th Street in reference to a stabbing that just occurred. Upon arrival, officers were unable to locate the victim and community members did not provide any information regarding the incident. Moments later, radio dispatchers informed officers that they received an anonymous call advising the victim was seen walking in the unit block of West 24th Street.
Upon arrival, officers located the victim who was suffering from multiple stab wounds to his chest and back area. The victim was uncooperative with police and did not provide any suspect information or motive for the incident. The victim was transported to Christiana Hospital where he is listed to be in stable condition. After interviewing the victim and community members it has been determined that the actual location of the incident is unknown.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information should call:
- Wilmington Police Confidential Tip Line at (302) 576-3990.
- Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333 (1-800-847-3333) or online at www.tipsubmit.com.