Wanted Felon Arrested with Firearm
Posted on 08/15/2013 5:36 pm
- 800 block East 28th Street, Wilmington, Delaware
Date of Occurrence:
- Wednesday, August 14, 2013, approximately 5:15 p.m.
Leroy Ross, 25, Newark, Delaware
- Carrying a Concealed Deadly Weapon
- Possession of Ammunition by a Person Prohibited, Prior Violent Crime
- Possession of Firearm by a Person Prohibited, Prior Violent Crime
- Possession of a Weapon with a Removed, Obliterated, or Altered Serial Number
- Resisting Arrest
A convicted felon was arrested with a loaded handgun after officers located him while attempting to execute warrants for his arrest.
On August 14, 2013, at approximately 5:15 p.m., Corporal Daniel Burton and Patrolman Michael Barrett responded to the 800 block of East 28th Street after receiving information that Leroy Ross, wanted for a felony drug warrant, might be in the area.
The officers observed Ross seated inside a vehicle parked within the block. The officers made contact with Ross and ordered him to exit the vehicle. Ross refused to exit the vehicle and began to struggle with the officers. The officers were able to take him into custody and then located a loaded 9mm handgun, with an obliterated serial number, in Ross’s waistband.
Leroy Ross, who has prior felony drug convictions, was arraigned at Justice of the Peace Court 20 and committed to Howard R. Young Correctional Institution in lieu of $100,000 cash bail.