Police Investigate Shooting
Posted on 08/19/2013 9:58 am
- 200 block North Madison Street, Wilmington, Delaware
Date of Occurrence:
- Sunday, August 18, 2013, approximately 10:20 p.m.
- 42 year old male, Wilmington, Delaware
- Black male, late teens, wearing a gray-hooded sweatshirt
- Black male, late teens, wearing a black t-shirt
Police are investigating a shooting that occurred in the 200 block of North Madison Street.
At approximately 10:20 p.m. Sunday, officers responded to the area of West 4th and North Madison Streets after receiving a 911 call reporting a shooting. Officers soon located a 42 year old male victim inside of a residence in the 200 block of North Madison Street.
A preliminary investigation indicates that the victim was walking in the 200 block of North Madison Street when he was approached by a black male in his late late teens, wearing a gray-hooded sweatshirt, and another late teenage black male wearing a black t-shirt. One of the suspects displayed a handgun and demanded money; the victim refused and the suspect shot him in the left leg and right foot. The victim then fled to a residence in the 200 block of North Madison Street and contacted police.
The victim was transported to Christiana Hospital via ambulance and is listed in stable condition.
Anyone with information can call:
- Detective Kimberly Pfaff at (302) 576-3643.
- Wilmington Police Confidential Tip Line at (302) 576-3990.
- Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333 (1-800-847-3333) or online at www.tipsubmit.com.