Police Seize Ecstasy, Methamphetamine Following Traffic Stop
Posted on 08/21/2013 9:45 am
- 700 block North Monroe Street, Wilmington, Delaware
Date of Occurrence:
- Tuesday, August 20, 2013, approximately 10:11p.m.
Dwayne Brown, 37, Unit block West 38th Street, Wilmington, Delaware
- Possession of a Controlled Substance in a Tier 5 Quantity
- Possession of a Controlled Substance without a Prescription
- Driving While Suspended/Revoked
- Failure to Provide Proof of Insurance
- Failure to Have Registration Plate Light
A wanted driver was charged with felony possession of ecstasy and possession of crystal methamphetamine following a traffic stop last night.
Officers Matthew Reiss and Brendan Wham were on proactive patrol in the area of West 8th and North Monroe Streets and observed a green Oldsmobile Intrigue without a functional registration plate light.
The officers conducted a motor vehicle stop in the 700 block of North Monroe Street and discovered that the driver, Dwayne Brown, had an existing warrant for his arrest. Brown was also operating with a suspended license and was unable to provide proof of insurance.
As the officers took Brown into custody they observed a container by his feet with 30 pills of MDMA, commonly known as Ecstasy, packaged for sale. The container also contained 13.5 capsules and a plastic sandwich bag all containing crystal methamphetamine.
Dwayne Brown was arraigned at Justice of the Peace Court 20 and committed to Howard R. Young Correctional Institution in lieu of $60,000 cash bail.