Posted on 08/26/2013 9:42 am
- 600 block of South Justison Street, Wilmington, Delaware
Date/Time of Occurrence:
- Saturday, August 24, 2013, at approximately 8:36 a.m.
- Bertram W. Downes, 27, of New Castle, Delaware
Police are investigating the death of a man who was located in the Christina River.
Saturday morning at approximately 8:36 a.m., uniformed officers responded to the 600 block of South Justison Street in reference to a body seen in the Christina River by rowers. Wilmington’s Fire Department’s Marine Unit and the New Castle County Paramedics responded to the scene. The New Castle County Paramedics pronounced the victim deceased and the body was turned over to the Medical Examiner.
Preliminary investigation indicates that on August 22nd, police responded to the 100 block of South Market Street in reference to a Black male subject that entered the Christina River. A search was conducted; however, police were unable to locate the subject. Police have ruled out any foul play as the investigation is in its early stages.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information should call:
- Wilmington Police Confidential Tip Line at (302) 576-3990.
- Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333 (1-800-847-3333) or online at www.tipsubmit.com.