Juvenile Arrested with Stolen Firearm, Drugs
Posted on 10/29/2013 12:22 pm
- 1100 block West 4th Street, Wilmington, Delaware
Date of Occurrence:
- Saturday, October 26, 2013, approximately 1:08 p.m.
16 year old male, Wilmington, Delaware
- Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Felony
- Possession of a Firearm by Prohibited Juvenile
- Possession with Intent to Deliver Marijuana
- Receiving Stolen Firearm
- Resisting Arrest
- Crossing at Other Than Crosswalk
A Wilmington juvenile was arrested with a stolen firearm and drugs after a foot chase Saturday.
On October 26, 2013, at approximately 1:08 p.m., Officer Antonio Tiberi observed a 16 year old defendant in the 1100 block of West 4th Street attempting to conceal a firearm in his sweatshirt. The defendant then crossed the street without using a crosswalk. Officer Tiberi attempted to stop the defendant who fled on foot and discarded a loaded .40 caliber handgun. After several blocks the defendant surrendered and was taken into custody without further incident.
Officers searched the defendant and located 7.5 grams of marijuana packaged for sale. Further investigation also revealed that the firearm was reported stolen.
The defendant, who is prohibited from possessing a firearm due to age restrictions and prior violent felony convictions, was committed to the New Castle County Detention Center in lieu of $81,000 cash bail.