Man Shot While Attempting to Purchase Drugs
Posted on 10/27/2013 10:30 pm
- West 7th and North Washington Streets, Wilmington, Delaware
Date of Occurrence:
- Sunday, October 27, 2013, approximately 5:15 p.m.
- 35 year old male, Newark, Delaware
- Three Black males, 16 to 19 years old, wearing gray-hooded sweatshirts
Police are investigating a shooting that occurred in the area of West 7th and North Washington Streets.
Officers responded to the block at approximately 5:15 p.m. after receiving a 911 call reporting shots fired. Arriving officers located a 35 year old male victim in the street suffering from a gunshot wound to his leg. Preliminary investigation indicates that the victim was in the area attempting to purchase drugs when three suspects approached and attempted to rob him. One of the suspects displayed a handgun and shot the victim as he attempted to flee. The suspects, described as black males between 16 and 19 years old, wearing gray-hooded sweatshirts, fled the scene in an unknown direction.
The victim was transported by ambulance to Christiana Hospital in stable condition.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information can call:
- Detective Justin Kreysa at (302) 576-3646.
- Wilmington Police Confidential Tip Line at (302) 576-3990.
- Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333 (1-800-847-3333) or online at www.tipsubmit.com.