Pedestrian Critically Injured in Crash on Delaware Avenue
Posted on 11/14/2013 1:06 pm
- 500 block of Delaware Avenue, Wilmington, Delaware
Date/Time of Occurrence:
- Thursday, November 14, 2013, at approximately 9:33 a.m.
- 59 year old male of Wilmington, Delaware
- None at this time
A Wilmington man was critically injured in a crash on Delaware Avenue this morning.
Earlier this morning at approximately 9:30 a.m., members of Wilmington’s Traffic Division were on scene in the 500 block of Delaware Avenue investigating an accident in which a pedestrian attempted to cross the street into oncoming traffic and was struck by a motor vehicle.
The initial investigation suggests that the two vehicles involved were traveling eastbound on Delaware Avenue. As the vehicles approached the 500 block of Delaware Avenue the victim walked into a black colored Nissan as he attempted to cross the street from the middle of the block. As the victim fell to the ground he was stuck by a light colored mini-van. The operator of the Nissan stopped while the light colored mini-van continued to travel eastbound on Delaware Avenue out of sight.
The victim was transported to Rodney Square where he was airlifted to Christiana Hospital. The victim’s condition is unknown at this time.
Anyone with information should call:
- Master Corporal James Karschner at (302) 576-3689.
- Wilmington Police Confidential Tip Line at (302) 576-3990.
- Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333 (1-800-847-3333) or online at www.tipsubmit.com.