Police Investigate Robbery
Posted on 11/12/2013 5:06 pm
- 900 block of East 16th Street, Wilmington, Delaware
Date/Time of Occurrence:
- Monday, November 11, 2013, at approximately 3:30 p.m.
- 19 year old of Wilmington, Delaware
- Black male, 20 to 25 years old, 6 feet tall, 200 pounds, average build, last seen wearing a white sweat shirt and dark colored pants
Police are investigating a robbery that occurred in 900 block of East 16th Street.
On Monday, November 11 at approximately 3:30 p.m., uniformed officers responded to the 900 block of East 16th Street in reference to a 9-1-1 call for a report of a robbery that just occurred. Upon arrival, officers learned that the suspect, who was described as a Black male, 20 to 25 years old, 6 feet tall, 200 pounds, average build, and was last seen wearing a white sweat shirt and dark colored pants, fled in an unknown direction.
The initial investigation suggests that while the victim was skateboarding in the New Destiny Church parking lot the suspect grabbed him and demanded his property. The suspect fled the area with the victim’s cellular phone and an undisclosed amount of cash.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information should call:
- Wilmington Police Confidential Tip Line at (302) 576-3990.
- Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333 (1-800-847-3333) or online at www.tipsubmit.com.