16 Year Old Shot Following Drug Buy
Posted on 01/08/2014 12:12 pm
- 1500 block West 5th Street, Wilmington, Delaware
Date of Occurrence:
- Tuesday, January 7, 2014, at approximately 11:42 p.m.
- 16 year old male, Wilmington, Delaware
- Black male, thin build, wearing a puffy black jacket, armed with a black handgun
Police are investigating after a 16 year old was shot while being robbed after he purchased marijuana.
Officers responded to the 1500 block of West 5th Street at approximately 11:42 p.m. after receiving 911 calls reporting shots fired. Inside of a residence in the block officers located a 16 year old victim with a gunshot wound to the right leg. Preliminary investigation suggests that the victim purchased marijuana in the area and was returning home when he was approached by an armed suspect. The suspect displayed a handgun, removed the victim’s property, and shot the victim in the leg. The victim then fled to a residence in the 1500 block of West 5th Street and contacted police.
The suspect is described as a Black male, thin build, wearing a puffy black jacket. The victim was transported to Christiana Hospital in serious but stable condition.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information should call:
- Detective McKenzie Kirlin at (302) 576-3653.
- Wilmington Police Confidential Tip Line at (302) 576-3990.
- Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333 (1-800-847-3333) or online at www.tipsubmit.com.