Police Investigate a Shooting
Posted on 01/17/2014 9:30 am
- West 26th and North Monroe Streets, Wilmington, Delaware
Date of Occurrence:
- Thursday, January 16, 2014, at approximately 5:33 p.m.
- 21 year old male, Wilmington, Delaware
- Black male, dark clothing
Police are investigating a shooting after a 21 year old was shot in the arm while driving in area of West 26th and North Monroe Streets.
Preliminary investigation suggests that the victim was driving at the intersection of West 26th and North Monroe Streets when he was approached by an unknown Black male wearing all dark clothing. The suspect shot the victim in the right arm and fled in an unknown direction. The victim drove to a relative’s house in the 100 block of West 30th Street and contacted police. The victim was transported to Christiana Hospital by ambulance in stable condition.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information should call:
- Detective Jospeh Bucksner at (302) 576-3629.
- Wilmington Police Confidential Tip Line at (302) 576-3990.
- Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333 (1-800-847-3333) or online at www.tipsubmit.com.