One Arrested in Shots Fired Incident Outside Club Lavish
Posted on 02/24/2014 3:22 pm
- 1200 block North Union Street, Wilmington, Delaware
Date of Occurrence:
- Saturday, February 22, 2014, at approximately 1:40 a.m.
Dennis Williams, 28, 1200 block Stinsford Road, Newark, Delaware
- Reckless Endangering 1st Degree
- Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Felony
- Possession of a Firearm if Previously Convicted of a Violent Felony
- Carrying a Concealed Deadly Weapon
- Receiving a Stolen Firearm
A convicted felon prohibited from possessing a firearm was arrested after firing several shots as a crowd exited Club Lavish early Saturday morning.
The incident occurred on February 22, 2014 at approximately 1:55 a.m. in the 1200 block of North Union Street as officers monitoring a large crowd exiting Club Lavish heard multiple shots from the Walgreens parking lot adjacent to the club. Witnesses provided a description of the shooter and officers quickly located a suspect matching that description, later identified as Dennis Williams, 28, standing in the parking lot. Officers took Williams into custody and recovered a .32 caliber handgun that he discarded. No one was injured in this incident.
Williams was arraigned at Justice of the Peace Court 20 and committed to Howard R. Young Correctional Institution in lieu of $200,000 cash bail.