Officers Seize Over 500 Bags of Heroin at Traffic Stop
Posted on 03/13/2014 4:30 pm
- 100 block of North Adams Street, Wilmington, Delaware
Date of Occurrence:
- Monday, March 10, 2014, approximately 11:52 p.m.
Denzel Wright, 20, 6700 block Wyeth Place, Newark, Delaware
- Possession with Intent to Distribute Heroin
- Failure to Have License in Possession
- Failure to Have Lights on When Required
A Newark man was found with over 500 bags of heroin in his vehicle after he was stopped for driving without headlights.
Officer Andrew Shaub was on patrol in the 100 block of N. Adams Street when he observed a white 2010 Chevrolet Impala with extinguished headlights. The officer conducted a traffic stop and made contact with Denzel Wright, who was unable to provide a driver’s license. Wright appeared extremely nervous and was removed from the vehicle for officer safety. Officers searched the vehicle and located 548 bags of heroin in the center console.
Denzel Wright was arraigned at Justice of the Peace Court 20 and released after posting $5,200 secured bond.