Wilmington Police Investigate Shooting
Posted on 01/17/2013 9:30 am
- 2100 block of N. West Street, Wilmington, Delaware
Date of Occurrence:
- January 16, 2013 at approximately 7:20 pm
- 33 year old male of Wilmington, Delaware
- Suspect 1: Black male, approximately 18 years old, 5’5” 140 lbs., clean shaven, wearing a blue vest, black sweater, and black knit hat.
- Suspect 2: Black male approximately 18 years old, 5’10”, 220-230 lbs., clean shaven, wearing a brown vest and black hooded sweatshirt.
Wednesday evening officers responded to Wilmington Hospital after receiving a report of a shooting victim at that location.
An investigation revealed that the victim, a probationer with previous felony convictions for drugs and weapons offenses, sustained a single gunshot wound to his right calf. The victim claimed that several suspects approached him while walking in the 2100 block of N. West Street. Suspect 1 is described as a black male, approximately 18 years old, 5’5” 140 lbs., clean shaven, wearing a blue vest, black sweater, and black knit hat. Suspect 2 is described as a black male approximately 18 years old, 5’10”, 220-230 lbs. clean shaven, wearing a brown vest and black hooded sweatshirt.
When the victim attempted to flee he heard multiple gunshots and was struck in the calf. An acquaintance then drove him to Wilmington Hospital. The victim was transferred to Christiana Hospital for treatment where he is listed in stable condition.
The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information can call:
- Detective Randy Nowell at (302) 576-3632
- Wilmington Police Confidential Tip Line at (302) 576-3990
- Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333 (1-800-847-3333) or online at www.tipsubmit.com