Wilmington Police Investigate Shooting and Attempted Robbery
Posted on 01/21/2013 10:22 am
- Speakman Park, 800 block of East 23rd Street, Wilmington, Delaware
Date of Occurrence:
- Saturday, January 19, 2013 at approximately 7:42 p.m.
- 14 year old male, Wilmington, Delaware
- Unknown black male, approximately 17 years old, dark clothing
Detectives are investigating a shooting and attempted robbery after officers responded to a residence in the 2200 block of North Locust Street on Saturday evening.
The officers located a 14 year old male victim suffering from a gunshot wound to his elbow. An initial investigation indicates that the victim was walking through Speakman Park with a juvenile female when they were approached by an unknown suspect. The suspect is described as a black male, approximately 17 years old, wearing all dark clothing. The suspect demanded that the victim give him his jacket. When the victim refused the suspect displayed a handgun and shot the victim in the elbow.
The suspect fled in an unknown direction and the victim ran to a residence in the 2200 block of North Locust Street and contacted police.
The victim was transported to Christiana Hospital by ambulance.
The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information can call:
- Detective Kim Pfaff at (302) 576-3920.
- Wilmington Police Confidential Tip Line at (302) 576-3990.
- Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333 (1-800-847-3333) or online at www.tipsubmit.com