Detectives Investigate Pair of Similar Robberies
Posted on 01/20/2013 2:09 pm
- Incident 1: 1800 block of West 14th Street, Wilmington, Delaware
- Incident 2: 1400 block of North Broom Street, Wilmington, Delaware
Dates of Occurrence:
- Incident 1: Friday, January 18, 2013, approximately 7:00 p.m.
- Incident 2: Saturday, January 19, 2013, approximately 10:00 p.m.
- Victim 1: 27 year old female, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Victim 2: 31 year old male, Falmouth, Massachusetts
- Victim 3: 26 year old female, Falmouth, Massachusetts
- Victim 1: 68 year old female, Wilmington, Delaware
- Incident 1: Three unknown black males
- Suspect 1: Black male, 5’09” – 6’00”, 200 lbs., wearing a gray coat or sweatshirt and a blue or black winter hat
- Suspect 2: Black male, 5’01” – 5’03”, 140 lbs., wearing a dark-hooded sweat shirt
Detectives are investigating a pair of similar robberies that occurred on Friday and Saturday evenings.
The first incident occurred as three victims were walking with the 1800 block of West 14th Street at approximately 7:00 p.m. on Friday, January 18, 2013. An unknown green van approached the trio and two unknown black males exited the side door and confronted the victims. One of the suspects threw victim 1 to the ground and removed her purse. The second suspect punched victim 2 in the face before reentering the van with the first suspect and fleeing. A third black male drove the van.
The second incident occurred Saturday, January 19, 2013, at approximately 10:00 p.m. as the victim, a 68 year old female, was walking in the 1400 block of North Broom Street. Two suspects exited a gray van and began running towards the victim. The victim ran and yelled for help, but the suspects caught up to her, snatched her purse, and punched her in the face causing minor injury. The suspects then returned to the vehicle and fled east on Gilpen Avenue.
Detectives have noted the similarities in these two incidents and are currently investigating whether they are in fact related.
Anyone with information can call:
- Detective Joseph Bucksner at (302) 576-3629
- Wilmington Police Confidential Tip Line at (302) 576-3990
- Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333 (1-800-847-3333) or online at www.tipsubmit.com