Police Seeks the Public's Assistance in Identifying Vehicle Thief
Posted on 01/24/2013 1:49 pm
- 1600 block of Delaware Avenue, Wilmington, Delaware
Date of Occurrence:
- Wednesday, January 23, 2013, approximately 4:53 p.m.
- Male, 71, of Wilmington, Delaware
- Black Male, 18 to 25 year old, short, clean-shaven, light skin complexion
Police are attempting to identify the suspect who was involved in a vehicle theft which lead to a pursuit.
Wednesday evening at 4:53 p.m., Master Corporal Harold Bozeman responded to the 1600 block of Delaware Avenue regarding a stolen vehicle that just occurred. The investigation revealed that the victim’s black Infiniti was left running and unattended when the suspect entered and fled with the vehicle. As Master Corporal Bozeman was conducting his investigation, Corporal David Ledesma broadcasted that in the area of 14th and North Pine Streets, he’d engaged in a pursuit with the victim’s vehicle. The pursuit ended with the sole occupant fleeing on foot in an unknown direction leaving the vehicle behind. The suspect was described as a short, clean-shaven, light skin black male between the ages of 18 to 25.
The vehicle was recovered and returned to its rightful owner.
Anyone with information can call:
- Wilmington Police Confidential Tip Line at (302) 576-3990.
- Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333 (1-800-847-3333) or online at www.tipsubmit.com