Drug Raid Leads to Drug and Gun Seizure
Posted on 02/15/2013 9:26 am
- 400 block of East 4th Street, Wilmington, Delaware
Date of Occurrence:
- Thursday, February 14, 2013, approximately 8:15 p.m.
- 2 year old of Wilmington, Delaware
- 3 year old of Wilmington, Delaware
- 7 year old of Wilmington, Delaware
- 9 year old of Wilmington, Delaware
- 11 year old of Wilmington, Delaware
Ebony Noel, 27, Black female, 400 block of East 4th Street, Wilmington, Delaware
- Possession with the Intent to Deliver Marijuana (5 grams)
- Possession of a Firearm during the Commission of a Felony
- Endangering the Welfare of a Child (5 counts)
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
Community Police Officers, Master Corporals Alvin Boardley and Dave Jones, informed members of the Drug Organize Crime and Vice Unit that Ebony Noel was selling drugs out of her residence. The DOCV unit conducted an investigation and was able to seize a gun, drugs, and drug paraphernalia during a drug raid.
Thursday evening at approximately 8:15 p.m., members of the DOCV unit executed a Justice of the Peace Court #20 warrant at a residence on the 400 block of East 4th Street. Upon entry, officers took Ebony Noel into custody as they observed her in possession of multiple bags of marijuana. During the search officers located drug paraphernalia and a .38 caliber revolver handgun.
Officers notified the Child Development-Community Policing (CD-CP) Program for the five children who were located inside of the residence during the raid.
Ebony Noel was committed to Delores J. Baylor Women’s Correctional Institution in lieu of a $36,500.00 secured bond.
The Child Development-Community Policing (CD-CP) Program is a partnership between the Wilmington Police Department and mental health professionals that provides free, trauma response and community-based, prevention counseling for children and their families when children may have been exposed to potentially traumatic events. The CD-CP Program can be reached Monday through Friday and after hours at the request of WPD.
Some other numbers to consider calling are:
- CD-CP at (302) 576-3183
- Delaware Victim Center (residence outside the City of Wilmington) at 1-800-VICTIM-1 (1-800-842-8461)
- Child Mental Health Crisis Hotline at 1-800-969-4357
- Adult Mobile Crisis Hotline (New Castle County) at 1-800-652-2929
- Contact Lifeline Hotline at 1-800-262-9800
- Domestic Violence Hotline at (302) 762-6110
- Rape Crisis Hotline at (302) 761-9100
If you feel like you will hurt yourself of someone else please call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room.