Smoked-filled Vehicle Leads Police to Seizure of Drugs and Firearm
Posted on 02/15/2013 3:52 pm
- 2700 block of North Tatnall Street, Wilmington, Delaware
Date of Occurrence:
- Wednesday, February 13, 2013 approximately 9:25 p.m.
Eddie B. J. Moultrie, 25, 100 block of Eastlawn Avenue, Wilmington, Delaware
- Possession of a Deadly Weapon During the Commission of a Felony
- Possession of a Controlled Substance with the Intent to Deliver
- Carrying a Concealed Deadly Weapon
- Carrying a Concealed Deadly Instrument
- Possession of Marijuana (7.5 grams)
Members of Operation Safe Streets arrested Eddie B. J. Moultrie for possessing a firearm and an illegal controlled substance.
Officers responded to the 2700 block of North Tatnall Street in an attempt to locate a suspect who was involved in an investigation. As officers were walking on the block they observed a red Pontiac Grand Prix sitting idle with apparent heavy smoke conditions in the interior. The occupant inside of the vehicle was observed slouching in his seat attempting to avoid eye contact with the officers. The officers approached the vehicle and asked Moultrie to roll down the window. Upon doing so, officers detected a strong odor of marijuana coming from inside of the vehicle. Moultrie was taken into custody without incident. While checking Moultrie for contraband he was found in possession of 2 grams of marijuana. Moultrie consented to a vehicle search in which officers located a .45 caliber semi-automatic handgun and an additional 5.5 grams of marijuana.
Moultrie was committed to Howard R. Young in lieu of a $62.000.00 secured bond.