Victim's Brother Indicted for Murder
Posted on 02/20/2013 5:57 pm
- 23rd and Carter Streets, Wilmington, Delaware
Date of Occurrence:
- Wednesday, February 20, 2013, at approximately 6:00 a.m.
Daymon Winkler, Black male, 26, 2300 block of Carter Street, Wilmington, Delaware
- Murder 2nd
- Reckless Endangering 1st (3 counts)
- Possession of a Firearm during the Commission of a Felony (4 counts)
- Possession of a Firearm by a Person Prohibited
- Raheem Winkler, 19, of Wilmington, Delaware (defendant's brother)
On Monday, February 18, Daymon Winkler was charged with Murder 2nd, Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Felony, Possession of a Firearm by a Person Prohibited, and three counts of Reckless Endangering 1st.
On Wednesday, February 20, 2013, at approximately 6:00 a.m., members of the Crisis Management Tactical Team and members of the Criminal Investigative Division executed a search warrant at a residence on the 2300 block of Carter Street. The target, Winkler, was not at his residence during the raid but, arrived shortly after and was taken into custody without incident.
On Saturday August 25, 2012, Daymon Winkler, Ryan Richmond, Tyeem Roane, and Raheem Winkler were involved in a gun battle at the intersection of 23rd and Carter Streets. Richmond, Roane, and Raheem Winkler all sustained gunshot wounds during the exchange. As a result of the shooting, Raheem Winkler succumbs to his injuries.
Daymon Winkler, who is a convicted felon, was committed to Howard R. Young Correctional Institution in lieu of a $3,000,000.00 secured bond.