Police Investigate Shooting
Posted on 02/23/2013 11:03 pm
- East 17th and North Locust Streets, Wilmington, Delaware
Date of Occurrence:
- Friday, February 22, approximately 10:27 p.m.
- 37 year old male
- Suspect #1 – Young black male, 6’0”-6’2”; 240-250 lbs., grey hooded sweatshirt, armed with a handgun
- Four unidentified black males
Police are investigating a shooting that occurred in the 1600 block of North Locust Street Friday evening.
At approximately 10:27 p.m. police received a 911 call reporting a shooting in the area of East 17th and North Locust Streets. Arriving officers located the 37 year old victim sitting in the 1600 block of North Locust Street suffering from gunshot wounds to both legs.
An initial investigation indicates that the victim was walking in the 1600 block of North Locust Street when a group of five black males began to follow him. The group then attempted to rob the victim. As the victim fled, Suspect 1, described as a young black male, 6’0”-6’2”, 240-250 lbs., wearing a grey hooded sweatshirt, fired at the victim striking him in the legs. The victim was transported by ambulance to Christiana Hospital where he is listed in stable condition.
The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information can call:
- Detective Malcolm Stoddard at (302) 576-3661.
- Wilmington Police Confidential Tip Line at (302) 576-3990.
- Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333 (1-800-847-3333) or online at www.tipsubmit.com.