City of Wilmington Launches the Department of Public Works Online "Report It/Resolve It" Program

Posted on  02/27/2013 1:12 pm

The City of Wilmington launches the online “Report It/Resolve It” Program, which allows residents to submit a non-emergency request for service (i.e., special pickups, water quality tests, or log a complaint to the Department of Public Works).

“Report It/Resolve It” allows residents to submit a request or complaint online that will be routed to the responsible division within the Department of Public Works, which will then investigate the problem and take the necessary steps to resolve it.

“Society is driven by technology, so we must adapt and advance our technological abilities as well,” said Mayor Williams. “Creating a system where residents can report Public Works issues online will help us more effectively serve our community.”

Following the submission to “Report It/Resolve It,” users will be notified electronically regarding the progress of the request or complaint as the status changes.

The City of Wilmington’s “Report It/Resolve It” Program only handles requests and complaints to the Department of Public Works. If you do not see your desired request category, please contact the Public Works Call Center at 302-576-3878. If your request has not been resolved or acknowledged within two business days, please contact the Public Works Customer Service Call Center at (302) 576-3878 or the Office of Constituent Services Office at (302) 576-2489.

To make a request or log a complaint, please visit this link: and click the “Start a New Request” button and follow the steps to submit your request. To check the status of a submitted request, please click “Find Existing Request(s)” and provide the necessary information.

To report traffic signal outages, please call the Wilmington Police Non-Emergency Line at (302) 654-5151.

Of the 7,500 streetlights located in the City of Wilmington, Delmarva Power (DPL) maintains over 6,000 of them, including 700 decorative lights. Delmarva streetlights can be identified by a 5-digit series of numbers. To report burnt-out streetlights, contact Delmarva at 1-800-375-7117.