Vehicle Pursuit Ends in Collision with Light Pole
Posted on 04/28/2013 7:35 pm
- Concord Avenue and North Market Street, Wilmington, Delaware
Date of Occurrence:
- Sunday, April 28, 2013, approximately 1:45 a.m.
Juvenile male, 16, Wilmington, Delaware
- Disregarding a Police Officer’s Signal
- Possession of Marijuana
- Leaving the Scene of an Accident
- Criminal Mischief Over $1000
- Reckless Driving
- Resisting Arrest
- Failure to Report a Collision to Police Agency
- Driving Without a Valid License
- Failure to Stop at a Red Light (4 counts)
- Failure to Stop at a Stop Sign (4 counts)
A vehicle pursuit in the early hours of Sunday morning ended with a collision between the suspect vehicle and a light pole in the area of Concord Avenue and North Market Street.
Early Sunday morning at approximately 1:40 a.m. Officers Antonio Tiberi and Matthew Rosaio observed a blue Hyundai Elantra disregard a stop sign at Bowers and East 23rd Streets.
The vehicle fled from the officers through the city’s North Side committing multiple traffic violations. At the intersection of Concord Avenue and North Market Street the suspect vehicle collided with a light pole, severing it from its base.
The operator, a 16 year old male, fled on foot, but was apprehended by the officers in the 2100 block of North Market Street. Officers then located approximately four grams of marijuana in the defendant’s pocket.
The defendant was treated at Wilmington Hospital for minor injuries sustained during the crash. He was later arraigned at JP Court #20 and released to his parent after posting a $1,025 unsecured bond.