Police Investigate a Shooting
Posted on 04/27/2013 9:14 pm
- 2100 block of North Market Street, Wilmington, Delaware
Date of Occurrence:
- Saturday, April 27, 2013, approximately 7:00 p.m.
- 19 year old male, Wilmington, Delaware
- Black male, 30’s, bald, beard, heavy set
Police are investigating a shooting that occurred in the 2100 block of North Market Street.
At approximately 7:00 p.m. officers responded to the Wilmington Hospital after being notified that a shooting victim was there seeking treatment. Officers located a 19 year old male victim who sustained a gunshot wound to his left thigh.
An initial investigation indicates that the victim was walking in the 2100 block of North Market Street when two unknown subjects began arguing. One of the suspects is described as a black male, in his 30’s, bald, bearded, and heavy set. The victim heard gunfire and realized he was struck in the leg. The victim then sought treatment at Wilmington Hospital.
The victim is listed in stable condition. The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information can call:
- Detective Joe Bucksner at (302) 576-3629.
- Wilmington Police Confidential Tip Line at (302) 576-3990.
- Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333 (1-800-847-3333) or online at www.tipsubmit.com.