Police Investigate a Shooting
Posted on 04/26/2013 10:09 pm
- 1100 block of Read Street, Wilmington, Delaware
Date of Occurrence:
- Friday, April 26, 2013, approximately 4:20 p.m.
- 40 year old male, Wilmington, Delaware
- Black male, 5’5”- 5’7”, 130 lbs., slight afro, medium complexion, black jeans
- Black male
Police are investigating a shooting that occurred inside of a residence in the 1100 block of Read Street.
At approximately 4:20 p.m. police responded to Read Street after receiving a 911 call reporting a shooting. Officers located bloody footprints in the area and a short time later located a 40 year old male victim suffering from a gunshot wound to the right foot at a residence in the 1100 block of Pleasant Street.
An initial investigation indicates that the victim was inside of his residence in the 1100 block of Read Street when the suspect, described as a medium complected black male, 5’5” to 5’7”, 130 lbs., with a slight afro and wearing black jeans, began firing into the residence. The suspect was accompanied by a second black male suspect and fled in an unknown direction. The victim then ran to a residence in the 1100 block of Pleasant Street.
The victim was transported to Christiana Hospital by ambulance and is listed in stable condition.
The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information can call:
- Detective Randy Nowell at (302) 576-3630.
- Wilmington Police Confidential Tip Line at (302) 576-3990.
- Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333 (1-800-847-3333) or online at www.tipsubmit.com.