Posted on 05/04/2013 5:37 pm
- 3rd and Clayton Streets (Judy Johnson Park)
Date of Occurrence:
- Saturday, May 4, 2013, at 2:29 p.m.
- Identity Withheld
On Saturday, May 4th at approximately 2:29 p.m. the Wilmington Police responded to the area of 3rd and Clayton Streets in reference to a shooting.
Upon the arrival of the officers a victim was located in the park area suffering from a gunshot wound to the abdomen. The victim was airlifted from the scene to Christiana Hospital and is in critical condition. A short time later a second victim arrived at the Saint Francis Hospital. This victim, who was transported by private vehicle, was suffering from gunshot wounds to the chest and right leg. This victim was stabilized and was eventually transported to the Christiana Hospital in stable condition.
The investigation showed both victims were in the park seated on a bench when an unknown suspect approached and, for unknown reasons, shot them.
Anyone with information can call:
- Detective Patrick Conner at (302) 576-3630.
- Wilmington Police Confidential Tip Line at (302) 576-3990.
- Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333 (1-800-847-3333) or online at www.tipsubmit.com.