Police Investigate a Stabbing
Posted on 05/07/2013 10:35 pm
- Lancaster Avenue and North Van Buren Street, Wilmington, Delaware
Date of Occurrence:
- Tuesday, May 7, 2013, approximately 6:38 p.m.
- 21 year old male, Wilmington, Delaware
- Hispanic male, 30’s, 5’6”, heavy set, red t-shirt
Police are investigating a stabbing that occurred in the area of Lancaster Avenue and N Van Buren Streets.
At approximately 6:38 p.m. officers responded to a residence in the 1000 block of Pleasant Street after receiving a 911 call reporting a stabbing. Inside the residence officers located a 21 year old male victim suffering from stab wounds to his head and left arm.
An initial investigation indicates that in the area of Lancaster Avenue and North Van Buren Street the victim engaged in an argument with a heavy set Hispanic male in his 30’s, approximately 5’6”, wearing a red t-shirt. During the argument the suspect stabbed the victim multiple times before fleeing on foot. The victim then fled to the residence on Pleasant Street. The victim was transported to Christiana Hospital by ambulance and is listed in critical but stable condition.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information can call:
- Detective Michael Gifford at (302) 576-3640.
- Wilmington Police Confidential Tip Line at (302) 576-3990.
- Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333 (1-800-847-3333) or online at www.tipsubmit.com.