Police Seize Drugs and Ammunition from Nuisance Property
Posted on 05/10/2013 10:45 am
- 600 block of East 11th Street, Wilmington, Delaware
Date of Occurrence:
- Thursday, May 9, 2013
Donald K. James, Black male, 34, of the 1200 block of West Lawn Court, Wilmington, Delaware
- Possession with the Intent to Deliver a Controlled Substance (Cocaine)
- Possession with the Intent to Deliver a Controlled Substance (Marijuana)
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Possession of Ammunition by a Person Prohibited
- Trespass 3rd
After an ongoing investigation the Drug, Organized Crime and Vice Division arrested Donald K. James for possessing illegal narcotics and ammunition as he unlawfully remained in a vacant property.
The investigation concluded when members of the Drug, Organized Crime and Vice Division entered an unlocked door of the vacant property and located James in a second floor bedroom where he was taken into custody on scene without incident. While taking James into custody, Vice Detectives observed marijuana inside of the bedroom. Detectives executed a Justice of the Peace Court 20 search warrant and seized 443 grams of marijuana, 9.6 grams of cocaine, drug paraphernalia, and a box of ammunition. The marijuana is valued at $4,430 and the cocaine is valued at $1,000.
Donald K. James, who is a convicted felon and convicted drug offender, is awaiting arraignment.