Police Investigate Shooting
Posted on 06/17/2013 9:58 am
- Wilmington, Delaware
Date/Time of Occurrence:
- Monday, June 17, 2013, at approximately 12:44 a.m.
- 21-year-old Black male, of Wilmington, Delaware
Police are investigating a shooting that occurred early Monday morning.
Monday morning at approximately 12:44 a.m., uniformed officers responded to Wilmington Hospital’s Emergency Room regarding a person who was shot. Upon arrival, officers met with the 21 year old victim who sustained a gunshot wound to his upper thigh. The investigation revealed that the victim, who was intoxicated, heard gunshots in the area of 28th and North Washington Streets. After realizing he was shot, the victim changed his pants and was taken to the hospital by his cousins in their personal vehicle.
The victim’s condition is unknown. The victim was uncooperative with police and did not provide any suspect information.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information should call:
- Detective Gary Tabor at (302) 576-3661.
- Wilmington Police Confidential Tip Line at (302) 576-3990.
- Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333 (1-800-847-3333) or online at www.tipsubmit.com.