Police Investigate Convenience Store Homicide
Posted on 06/07/2013 10:34 pm
- Printz Convenience Store, 2715 Northeast Boulevard, Wilmington, Delaware
Date of Occurrence:
- Friday, June 7, 2013 approximately 6:20 p.m.
- Toney Berry, 29, 1000 block Kirkwood Street, Wilmington, Delaware (deceased)
- 31-year-old male, New Castle, Delaware
- Suspect 1: Black male 20’s, 6’2” 140-160 lbs.
- Suspect 2: Black male, late teens, 5’7”, stocky
- Suspect 3: Black male, dark skin, short, stocky
Detectives are investigating a homicide at the Printz Convenience Store that left one man dead and another in critical condition.
Police responded to the Printz Convenience Store at 2715 Northeast Boulevard after receiving a 911 call reporting a shooting at approximately 6:20 p.m. Arriving offices located two store clerks, Toney Berry and a 31 year old male, inside the store suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. They were transported to Christiana Hospital by ambulance. Toney Berry was pronounced deceased at the hospital. The other victim remains in critical condition.
An initial investigation indicates that three black males, one described as in his 20’s, 6’2”, 140-160 lbs., another described as in his late teens, 5’7” with a stocky build, and a third described as short, stocky, and dark skinned, entered the store. The suspects then shot both clerks and fled the store. They were last seen running west on West 26th Street. The motive remains unclear at this time.
Anyone with information can call:
- Detective Kimberly Pfaff at (302) 576-3643.
- Wilmington Police Confidential Tip Line at (302) 576-3990.
- Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333 (1-800-847-3333) or online at www.tipsubmit.com.