Crack, Shotgun Seized After Two Month Investigation
Posted on 06/05/2013 4:52 pm
- 2600 block North Washington Street, Wilmington, Delaware
Date of Occurrence:
- Tuesday, June 4, 2013 approximately 8:30 p.m.
Arthur Lee, 38, 1400 block Drake Road, Wilmington, Delaware
- Possession of a Controlled Substance, Tier 5 Quantity
- Possession of a Deadly Weapon During the Commission of a Felony
- Possession of a Destructive Weapon
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
A two month long Drug, Organized Crime and Vice Division investigation concluded with the arrest of Arthur Lee, and the seizure of 45 grams of crack cocaine, drug paraphernalia, and a 12 gauge sawed-off shotgun.
Lee was taken into custody by investigators at approximately 8:30 p.m. on June 4, 2013 in the 2600 block of North Washington Street. Investigators located car keys on his person and a search of that vehicle by K9 Rex indicated the presence of illegal drugs. A search of the vehicle located a large quantity of crack cocaine and $1,041 in suspected drug money. Investigators then executed a search warrant of the defendant’s residence in the 1400 block of Drake Road, and located additional crack cocaine, two digital scales, and a 12 gauge sawed-off shotgun.
Lee, a convicted drug felon, was committed to Howard R. Young Correctional Institution in lieu of a $91,000 secured bond.