- Proper are of domestic animals is required, including proper food, water, shelter and veterinary care.
- Dogs are to be on a leash.
- Fecal matter must be removed immediately in a sanitary manner in an airtight bag or other closed container and deposited in a trash receptacle. Violations are punishable by fines ranging from $250 to $1,000.
- Abuse and abandonment are prohibited.
- City dogs must be licensed. Currently, licenses are only available at the Delaware Humane Association on A Street (get directions).
IN ORDER TO OBTAIN A DOG LICENSE, OWNERS MUST BRING PROOF OF A RABIES VACCINATION (A CERTIFICATE SIGNED BY A VETERINARIAN).
Contact Constituent Services
Mayor's Office of Constituent Services
Louis L. Redding City/County Building
800 N. French Street, 3rd Floor
Wilmington DE 19801
Phone: (302) 576-CITY (576-2489)