Presented by the City of Wilmington and the Wilmington Police Department
Tuesday, August 4, 2015
6:00 - 8:00 p.m
11th & Market Streets
Join over 37 million people and over 16,000 communities worldwide as we promote crime prevention through neighborhood watch groups, civic involvement and partnerships with government and law enforcement agencies.
- Come out! Gather with neighbors!
- Engage with the Police and Fire Departments!
- Get a close look at the WPD’s Mobile Mini Station and the WFD's Fire Engines!
- Meet K-9 Officers and their canine partners!
- Learn about bike safety, car seat security, and street walking safety tips!
Officers will also have Identikit's available, which provide I.D. cards for children.
National Night Out is designed to:
- Heighten crime prevention awareness;
- Generate support for, and participation in, local anti-crime programs and safety programs
- Strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships;
- Send a message to criminals letting them know that neighborhoods are organized and fighting back.
Due to the event, there will be some parking restrictions in downtown Wilmington. From 3:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. there will be no parking allowed in the 1000 block of N. Market Street. Motorists are encouraged to use alternate areas for parking.