Pay Your Water Bill, Property Tax, and Earned Income Tax Online
Enjoy the convenience, flexibility, and rewards of credit card payments for taxes or fees. In cooperation with the City of Wilmington, Official Payments Corporation offers individuals and businesses the opportunity to pay by telephone or directly over the internet.
- Business, LON & Fire Licenses Fees;
- Property Taxes;
- Water Bills;
- Earned Income (City Wage) Tax
This service is safe, reliable and in accordance with all state and government regulations. In order to process your payment, Official Payments Corporation, the credit card service provider, charges a nominal convenience fee based on the amount of the transaction. To calculate the fee on a specific amount click here.
To pay by credit card:
- Call the toll free number 1-800-2PAY-TAXSM (1-800-272-9829) and enter 1804 when prompted; or
- Visit www.officialpayments.com to pay by credit card over the internet.
You will be asked to enter information such as:
- The type of tax or fee.
- A bill or invoice number.
- Your credit card information.
- The amount of the tax or fee payment.
- Your social security number (for state payments).
The system will:
- tell you the total of your payment including the appropriate fee.
- obtain approval of the charge.
- issue an onscreen confirmation number and a printable digital receipt. Confirmation is emailed to users who request it. The charge will also appear on your credit card statement; the tax amount on one line, the convenience fee amount on a separate line.
View Your City Water/Sewer, Property Tax, and Permit Bills Online
The City of Wilmington is pleased to provide citizens an easy way to access your City utility, tax, and permit bill information.
- Real Estate Property Tax
- City quarterly water, sewer or storm water bills
- Licenses and Inspections property maintenance, vacant property, and instant ticket bills
- Public Works permits
- License and Inspection permits
- Fire permits
If the parcel is going to settlement or you wish to payoff an outstanding balance, please contact the Customer Service Unit at (302) 571-4320 for the most current charges.