Williams Administration Hosts First Series of Community Cluster Meetings (Includes Link to WHYY Article)
Posted on 01/17/2014 2:40 pm
The Williams Administration will host the first series of Community Cluster Meetings and invites members from all civic associations and community organizations to come together and work to implement new strategies for public safety and neighborhood development.
UPDATE: Read about the 4th and 5th Districts/Neighborhood Planning Councils Community Cluster (article courtesy Nichelle Polston/WHYY)
Beginning in January 2014, the Administration will convene quarterly Community Cluster meetings and invite the leadership of every civic or community association in Wilmington. These Community Clusters look to address issues of public safety; community organizing and development; and provide information about how to navigate and receive City resources and services relative to neighborhood improvement.
“Neighborhood Development focuses on empowering residents to initiate positive activities in their neighborhoods that improve the quality of life for all. Providing information, resources and support to dedicated individuals committed to transforming our neighborhoods will help motivate and inspire others to join in making Wilmington a City of clean, peaceful neighborhoods,” said Mayor Dennis P. Williams.
The meetings will be led by the Office of Neighborhood Development in the Office of the Mayor. The first Community Cluster meeting will discuss the topic of public safety. Members of the Office of Neighborhood Development and the Wilmington Police Department will be in attendance at the meeting.
“I believe collaborative efforts between neighborhood and community groups alongside the City of Wilmington will generate new approaches to working with each other, in addition to improving and stabilizing neighborhoods,” said Ivey Ibrahim, Director of the Office of Neighborhood Development.
Each Community Cluster will meet four times throughout the year. Meetings will be held at the Emergency Operations Center located at 22 South Heald Street, Wilmington, Delaware 19801.
For more information or to RSVP for the Community Cluster meetings please contact, Ivey Ibrahim at (302) 576-3106 or iaibrahim@WilmingtonDE.gov
Clusters are listed below:
Cluster 1: 1st, 2nd and 3rd Districts/Neighborhood Planning Councils
- Brandywine Hills Community Association
- Harlan Park Civic Association
- Northwest Wilmington Civic Association 9th Ward Civic Association
- North Brandywine Civic Association
- Triangle Neighborhood Association
- Washington Heights Community Association (Southeast 9th Ward)
- Brandywine Village Civic Association
- Northeast Civic Association
- Vanderver Avenue Civic Association
- 11th Street Bridge Civic Association
- Herring Manor Community
- Superfine Lane Tenant Council
- Village of Eastlake Civic Association
- West 28th Street & 29th Street Civic Association
- Eastlawn Civic Association
- East 28th Street Civic Association
- West 27th 31st Civic Association
- Greater Brandywine Village Revitalization, Inc.
*First meeting held on Tuesday, January 7, 2014 at 6:30 p.m.
Cluster 2: 4th and 5th Districts/Neighborhood Planning Councils
- Midtown Brandywine Neighbors Association
- Trinity Vicinity Neighborhood Association
- Quaker Hill Neighborhood Association
- Upper Eastside Neighborhood Association
- Compton Towne Concerned Neighbors Association
- River Commons Civic Association
- West Center City Neighborhood Association
- Eastside Blue Print (CORE) Planning Team
- Southbridge Civic Association
- Christina Landing Homeowners Association
- McCaulley Court Homeowners Association
- Downtown Civic Association
- Neighbors Rebuilding Our Neighborhood, Inc.
*First meeting held on Thursday, January 9, 2014 at 6:30 p.m.
Cluster 3: 6th District/Neighborhood Planning Councils
- Bayard Square Neighborhood Association
- Hedgeville Community Association
- Little Italy Neighborhood Association
- Westside Community Action Committee
- Cool Springs/Tilton Park Neighborhood
- Browntown Community Association
- Hilltop United Neighbors
- West Side Neighborhood Coalition
First meeting held on Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 6:30 p.m.
Meeting rescheduled for Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 6:30 p.m.
Cluster 4: 7th and 8th Districts/Neighborhood Planning Councils
- Southwest Civic Association
- Union Park Gardens Neighborhood Association
- Westmoreland Civic Association
- Forty Acres Civic Association
- Canby Park Civic Association
- Delaware Avenue Community Association
- Wawaset Maintenance Corporation
- Bancroft Village Homeowners Association
- Highlands Community Association
*First meeting held on Monday, January 27, 2013 at 6:30 p.m.